Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. ("Konami
Information that we may collect about you
Konami may collect information about you when you use the Sites or our products or services, or when you otherwise provide personally identifiable information to us. For example, we may collect and process the following types of information from you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Sites. This includes information provided in order to subscribe and/or pay for a service, to register a Konami product, to register for online games or tournaments, to participate in forums or chat rooms or to receive ongoing marketing or other information.
- Information that you submit to us via email or other means when contacting Konami customer service or support.
- Information that you provide in response to online or offline polls or surveys.
- Information that you provide in order to take advantage of particular opportunities (e.g. contests, sweepstakes, events, games or other applications) provided through third party social media websites or other third party websites or services. Such information may include your name, user name, profile pictures, telephone number, email address, IDs, the names of your friends, your gender, social media networks, workplace, geographic location, application settings and statistics, status updates and user interactions. We and our third party service providers collect such information from you through third party social media websites or other third party websites or services only when you voluntarily provide it, either directly or indirectly as a result of such websites or services being authorised to submit such information to us.
- Information that you provide by downloading certain of our services and/or applications to your device. We and our third party service providers collect such information from you through your device, including your name, user name, profile pictures, telephone number, device identifiers, email address, contacts, GPS location, browser history, chat or messaging activity, application linked friends and respective IDs. Certain collection of information may be disabled or limited in specific applications in the user settings.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders, including information that you provide to our third party service providers to enable them to process payments and provide customer support in connection with certain products and services.
- Details of your visits to the Sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, access logs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please note that deleting or deactivating our cookies may mean that you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
We may use the following types of cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of tne Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Sites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Sites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way the Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognise you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to the Sites, the webpages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Sites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also collect information about your computer or other devices that you use to access the Sites, including where available the IP address, unique identifier, operating system, browser type and network information. The services provided by us may use any tools, including but not limited to cookies, provided by any third parties for the purpose of collecting marketing information from and distributing advertisements to each users. If you do NOT want to be used such tools in relation to you, please click here.
Uses of the information
We may use the information held about you for a number of purposes, including:
- To create your profile and to enable you to participate in interactive features of the Sites, where you choose to do so.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To respond to your queries and to provide technical support.
- To notify you of game updates and changes to our service.
- To recognise you when you return to the Sites and to keep track of your preferences, so that we can customise the Sites to be relevant to your individual interests.
- For our internal marketing and demographic studies, so that we can constantly improve the products and services that we provide to you and better meet your needs.
We may also use the information collected about your computer or the devices that you use to access the Sites in a number of ways, including:
- To ensure that content from the Sites is presented effectively.
- To report aggregate information to our advertisers.
- To identify which location you are accessing the Sites from, so that we can limit access to certain applications with territorial restrictions.
- To carry out system administration.
Disclosure of your personal information
From time to time, Konami may share your personally identifiable information with its third-party service providers and/or licensors, to enable them to provide services in connection with the operation, maintenance and/or support of the Sites. Such services may include, without limitation, message board operation, email delivery, product registration, storage, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, infrastructure provision, IT support, customer support, credit card processing and website auditing.
We may disclose personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you to third parties in the event of a reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
In addition, we may use and disclose the information we maintain, including personally identifiable information, in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Konami, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in, and transferred to, any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Sites, you agree to the storage, processing and transfer of your information to countries outside your country of residence which may have different data protection rules (or none) compared with your country.
Security of your personal information
Konami maintains appropriate safeguards that ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information that we collect from our users. Personal information collected by Konami is stored on secure servers. We also have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Nonetheless, please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will always make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of the Sites, we cannot warrant or guarantee that information you transmit using the Sites is secure, and any transmission is at your own risk. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enabled you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Konami's policy regarding children
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Konami does not permit children under 13 years of age to become registered users of the Sites, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age through the Sites. By using any portion of the Sites, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Users in certain jurisdictions are entitled to ask to access, amend or delete the personal information stored about themselves. These rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. To request to access, amend or delete your personal information, please contact us please click here
Governing law and jurisdiction